Migrate from Google Photos¶
- Go to Google Takeout
Deselect allthen check only
- Trigger the export of your Google Photos Data.
- Depending on the number of photos, it can take a few days for your data to be exported
- Download your data and extract all archives into to your originals or import folder
- the folder should include the photos themselves, alongside json files for each of the photos
- Start indexing or importing
The following metadata is read by PhotoPrism from each photo's JSON file
- Geolocation Info (lat/long)
- Date/Time Taken
- Date/Time Created
- Date/Time Updated
Google Photos albums won't be automatically imported yet as we're trying to find a way to deal with auto-generated albums users may not want to import.
The community has created a bash script to import albums from a Google Takeout. For more information and support, see the project page on Github:
Help improve these docs! You can contribute by clicking to send a pull request with your changes.