PikaPods Open Source App Hosting¶
PhotoPrism has partnered with PikaPods to offer you this officially supported, cloud-hosted solution. Your personal app instance is ready to use in just a few steps and includes sponsor features like interactive world maps and dark themes - at no additional cost! New customers also currently receive a $5 welcome credit.
This step-by-step guide explains how to set up a new PhotoPrism instance at PikaPods.
1. Create Account¶
Sign up at www.pikapods.com/register with your contact details. You will then receive a confirmation email with an activation link that you must click to continue.
Before proceeding, please also provide your credit card details to avoid usage restrictions.
2. Add Your Pod¶
- Go to Available Apps and select PhotoPrism
- Click Run Your Own
- Enter a Pod Name and select a Region
- Click ENV VARS to specify the initial password for the "admin" user account
- In RESOURCES, you can configure the storage space available for photos and videos, as well as the compute resources PhotoPrism can use, such as for indexing and face recognition
PhotoPrism currently requires at least 2 CPUs and 8 GB of memory. We are working to lower these minimum requirements.
- The approximate price per month is shown at the bottom
- Click Add Pod to complete the setup
3. Sign In¶
PhotoPrism is now fully set up and ready to use. To log in, click Open Pod, enter the username "admin" and the password you have specified:
- Configure library and advanced settings according to your needs.
- Choose whether you want to index your originals so that the existing file and folder names are preserved, or import them so that they are automatically organized by year and month.
- To add new pictures, you can either copy them to the import or originals folder e.g. using WebDAV, or upload them with a browser, which will import them automatically after upload.
- Start indexing or importing
- Finally, set up automatic syncing from your mobile phone and install the Progressive Web App (PWA) on your desktop, tablet, and phone home screens as needed.