Diagnosing Frontend Issues¶
Problems with the user interface can be caused by a bug or an incompatible browser:
- Some features may not be supported by non-standard browsers, as well as nightly, test, and unofficial versions
- In particular, not all video formats can be played with every browser
We recommend going through our related Troubleshooting Checklist in case the app doesn't load at all.
Try Another Browser¶
To test if you have a general problem that is not browser-specific, open the Web UI in other browsers:
- If you are using Firefox Nightly, try the stable version and Chrome or Chromium
- If you have browser plugins installed, try disabling them to see if this makes a difference
- When the problem disappears, you know that the issue is browser-dependent or caused by a plugin
- Otherwise, the issue may not be specific to the browser version
- Make a note in which browsers the problem occurs, as this will be helpful when submitting a support request
The user interface works with most modern browsers, and runs best on Chrome, Chromium, Safari, Firefox, and Edge. Opera and Samsung Internet have been reported to be compatible as well. Due to limited resources, we can not test every release with all browser types and versions.
Getting Error Details¶
If possible, please also include the error type, error message, and URL of the affected resource when submitting a support request. For this purpose, check the browser console for warnings and errors as described below. It is perfectly fine to take screenshots instead of writing down the details.
- Press ⌘+Option+J (Mac) or Ctrl+Shift+J (Windows, Linux, Chrome OS) to go directly to the Developer Tools
- Or, navigate to More tools > Developer tools in the browser menu and open the Console tab
- Press ⌘+Option+K (Mac) or Ctrl+Shift+K (Windows) to go directly to the Firefox Web Console panel
- Or, navigate to Web Development > Web Console in the menu and open the Console panel
Before you can access the console in Safari, you first need to enable the Develop menu:
- Choose Safari Menu > Preferences and select the Advanced Tab
- Select "Show Develop menu in menu bar"
Once the Develop menu is enabled:
In case you don't see any log messages, try reloading the page, as the problem may occur while the page is loading.