Open a terminal and type
photoprism start to start the built-in server. It will listen on localhost:2342 by default, see docker-compose.yml and Configuration.
Vuetify is a powerful open-source Material Design UI component framework for building modern single-page applications.
Vuetify and VueJS are initialized in frontend/src/app.js. Webpack is used as a module loader / bundler. It creates single, optimized JS and CSS files in the server assets public build directory from the original source code. You can find the build configuration in
For our docs and landing pages, we may use https://materializecss.com/ as a lightweight alternative to Vuetify.
Components are reusable user-interface widgets. UI Components contains a list of custom components. Standard components like buttons or forms are well documented on vuetifyjs.com.
The full list of dependencies can be found in
frontend/package.json. You need to run
npm install in the frontend directory to install them (automatically happens during installation, see
npm install -P [package name] to add a new package (library or framework).
A build can be triggered by running
npm run watch (watches for changes and re-builds when needed) or
- vuejs-templates/pwa - a progressive web app template for VueJS
- https://seregpie.github.io/VueWordCloud/ - Word cloud for VueJS
- snorpey/jpg-glitch - JPEG Glitch lib for JS
- https://stylable.io/ - scopes styles to components so they don’t “leak” and clash with other styles (not sure if this is of any use for us)
- Building the Google Photos Web UI - Antin Harasymiv on Medium