Using our DigitalOcean 1-Click App¶
PhotoPrism can be deployed at DigitalOcean with just a few clicks. If you have no DigitalOcean account yet, you may use this sign-up link to receive a $100, 60-day account credit:
- Sign Up or Log In at DigitalOcean
- Open the PhotoPrism listing in the marketplace
- Click Create PhotoPrism Droplet
Configure Your Droplet¶
Choose an Image¶
The PhotoPrism image will be pre-selected
Choose a Plan¶
We recommend hosting PhotoPrism on a server with at least 2 cores and 3 GB of physical memory. Indexing and searching can be slow on smaller Droplets, depending on how many and what types of files you upload.
While PhotoPrism has been reported to work on Droplets with less memory, we take no responsibility for instability or performance problems. RAW image conversion and TensorFlow are disabled on Droplets with 1 GB or less memory.
Choose a Datacenter Region¶
Choose an Authentication Mode¶
Finalize Your Droplet¶
Finalize your droplet and click Create Droplet
Your droplet is now being created.
- Click More
- Click Access console
- Launch the console as root
- Within the console type
cat /root/.initial-password.txtand click enter
- Copy your initial password
- Click Get started
- Click Quick access
In case you have no domain and let's encrypt set up you will see the notice "Your connection is not private". Click Advanced and click Open page.
- Use username "admin" and your initial password to sign in
- You may change your password using the Web UI
- Configure library and advanced settings according to your needs.
- Choose whether you want to index your originals so that the existing file and folder names are preserved, or import them so that they are automatically organized by year and month.
- To add new pictures, you can either copy them to the import or originals folder e.g. using WebDAV, or upload them with a browser, which will import them automatically after upload.
- Start indexing or importing
- Finally, set up automatic syncing from your mobile phone and install the Progressive Web App (PWA) on your desktop, tablet, and phone home screens as needed.